[AccessD] WindowsXP Zipping Texr Files

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 20 12:22:32 CST 2005

You need to purchase Winzip and use the command line utility

s = "C:\Program Files\Winzip\wzzip.exe -a  -ex -ybc Mydatafile.zip " &
"C:\MyappFolder\Mydatafile.txt"
lPid = Shell(s, vbHide) ' vbNormalFocus)

You can also use the OpenProcess api to check completion

Failing that use the open source zlib from

http://www.zlib.net/

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.