[AccessD] Rich Text in Text Controls - Form and Report

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Nov 21 03:49:59 CST 2005

Hi Borge

One option is to use the MS Rich Text Control ocx.
Note, however, that it will not work in Access 2003 unless you perform this magic trick which I previously posted:

<quote>

Found out why Access 2003 denies to load the Kodak Imaging controls and how to remove that blocking.
It is - believe it or not - because Access 2003 refuses to use ActiveX controls which for some reason are listed as insecure in Internet Explorer ... as explained here:

http://mail.localplanet.co.uk/Blogs/stuart/archive/2005/02/19/AccessActiveX.aspx

What it tells is to reset the Compatibility Flag for these entries to 0:

Kodak Image Admin Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{009541A0-3B81-101C-92F3-040224009C02}

Kodak Image Edit Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{6D940280-9F11-11CE-83FD-02608C3EC08A}

Kodak Image Scan Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{84926CA0-2941-101C-816F-0E6013114B7F}

Rich Text Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{3B7C8860-D78F-101B-B9B5-04021C009402}

</quote>

/gustav

>>> pcs at azizaz.com 21-11-2005 09:29 >>>
Hi,
Upgrading an Access97 db to Access2003 ....

In the old db I've used workarounds to produce reports with rich text
formatting.

(user entering our own made up start and stop codes for bold, italics etc....in
various text controls, when reporting we create RTF document which is then
loaded into Word and using vba code in Word - acting on our made up start and
stop codes - the final report is laid out the way we want it and formatted with
rich text)

What are the options in A2003 for creating rich text (bold, italics and
bold+italics) in a text control and reporting rich text controls?

regards
/borge