[AccessD] Compact by code

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Nov 21 17:30:52 CST 2005

John,

The following two procedures are kept in a standard module.  The CompactBE
procedure is called from the Main screen Exit button click event (the only
allowed way to close normally).

If you are the 'last man standing', the BE (or external mdb) will open and
close.  That file is set to 'Compact on Close' (A2K and up?).  This has
worked well for a few years.

HTH,
Dan Waters