[AccessD] OT MS Explorer

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 23 14:28:46 CST 2005

OT:
Hi All:

I have just installed a Server 2003 OS after a crash. When IE was installed
it pre-set its security for 'Restricted Sites' to High. Even as a
administrator the 'high' setting could not be adjusted.(??) It was an issue
as every intranet and internet site demanded validation and https settings
which rendered the product functionally unusable.

Tight security is mandatory in network/internet situations but this security
level is over the top given all the Firewalls, Virus scanning and
Anti-Spy-ware hardware and software already installed. Finally we just
switched all the default browsers to Firefox and had to tell the client that
IE is broken until further notice.

Has anyone run across this issue before? Is there a simple resolution to
this problem?

MTIA
Jim