[AccessD] Public Variables - Scope and Lifetime

Ken Ismert KIsmert at texassystems.com
Mon Nov 28 16:36:32 CST 2005

Jim,

>> In this context what does division by zero do? ...
>>   on error resume next: x=x/0
>> As I recall ... all globals are cleared with this error.

It first depends on whether you have error handling setup in your code.
In this case, you do (on error resume next), so your global context is
maintained.

Of course, it also depends on your Error Handling options. If set to
Break on All Errors, you will get an error message regardless of the
error handling you have setup, and your global context will be reset. I
have mine set to Break on Unhandled Errors, which respects the in-code
error handling.

-Ken