[AccessD] Raise Event Across Network

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:30:39 CST 2005

On 11/29/05, Robert Gracie <robert at servicexp.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  Is it possible to Raise an Event Across A Network In Access of the same
> app?
>
> Sort of like a communication channel between the same app on network...

Well, a hack I could think of would be to have a table with messages,
and have code running on a timer in the background that polls the
linked table. When a record exists, it makes a note of it and does the
according action based on the data in the table, and makes an internal
note that the action has been dealt with, maybe with a local table (if
you need a permenant log of communication) or just internally in
memory (if the message in the table can be wiped after it expires, for
example, a shutdown notice).

Of course, this isn't real time, and the shorter the delay on
realizations the more of a performance hit you take from polling the
table across the network. Not sure if VBA has any socket code
capabilities.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein