[AccessD] Laptop Crashed again Help

Joe Hecht jmhecht at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 15 23:46:59 CDT 2005

I got the infamous Blue Screen this morning. Dell
Inspiron 8200. 512  megs  40 gigs

Tried to reboot. It said" No, I do not want to"

It continued "Windows could not start because the
following file is missing or corrupt.
\windows\system32\config\system.

I got to a  dos start up screen. Tried last known
good.

It said no( Lippy little laptop.}

Ran repair console  chkdsk /r /f at fifty percent, it
gave up and said multiple non repairable errors.

Thoughts on hardware or software issues to look at.
This was a new hard drive about a year or two ago.

Just spent $158 for a new battery. Any system test to
see if this good money going into a bad machine?

Thanks

Joe