[AccessD] Does anyone know how to gets tables from an PPC using ASP.Net?

David Mcafee dmcafee at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 18 17:41:11 CDT 2005

Does anyone know how to gets tables from an iPAQ using
ASP.Net?

I have an existing GUI program that was developed in
C# that creates a temp Access MDB then retrieves data
from a Pocket PC (PPC/ iPAQ) and inserts the data into
the mdb. It uses some Active Sync dlls called
DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE. THe C# program
then sends new data to a SQL BE and retreives some
data back to the mdb, then finally sends the data back
to the PPC.

This program has worked great for a couple of years
and has recently been awarded to some new distributors
who we do not want access out VPN. My employer want me
to "webify" this program and create it in ASP.Net.

I was able to import the C# classes into the ASP.Net
project, but the API call class does not compile. I
believe this is due to the fact that the IIS server
does not see the iPAQ.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to ASP.Net
to read the tables from the PPC either into temp
Access mdbs or into an XML file? I'm willing to work
in either VB.Net or C# dialect of ASP.Net

Someone told me that I would probably have to create
an active X control to do this task, which I dont know
how to do either :(

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
David