[AccessD] Flag Previously Deleted Recs

Boyd, Mark Thomas (US - Philadelphia) mboyd at deloitte.com
Mon Oct 24 10:55:27 CDT 2005

Once a week, I receive a list of all open accounts from one of our DB's.
If an account is no longer open, it will not appear on the list.
After receiving the current week's list, I need to flag accounts in my
master DB that are no longer open.
For example, if Acct# 12345 appeared in last weeks file, but not in this
week's file, I need to update my master file so this acct shows as
deleted.

When I receive the file, I import the data into an Access table, and
update the [FileDate] field with today's date.  All accounts from my
master table that were not in this week's file need to be flagged as
Deleted.

This seems like a fairly simple thing to do, but I'm having trouble
figuring it out.
Any ideas??

Thanks.

Mark Boyd
Senior Consultant
Enterprise Risk Services
Deloitte & Touche LLP

Tel: +1 215 405 5576
mboyd at deloitte.com
www.deloitte.com <http://www.deloitte.com/>

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]