[AccessD] Breaking up a text field

tewald at comcast.net tewald at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 12:50:38 CDT 2005

Say we have a text field that has the word "Stuff" in it several times. We want to break up the field everywhere that word appears, creating new fields. How can we do that? Putting the data into associated fields in a separate table would be fine. This seems to me to resemble normalization in one sense, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
For example, we have: "The stuff that we have is stuff that we don't want and so you can go and stuff it."
We want 4 fields (the first because there is text prior to the first "stuff"):
The
stuff that we have is
stuff that we don't want and so you can go and
stuff it.
Any suggestions?
TIA,
Tom Ewald