[AccessD] Update query broke

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Oct 27 13:14:13 CDT 2005

I am trying to build an update query.  I linked a text file, link that to
tblMember on SSN, link that to another table tblFamily by PK/FK, pull out a
field from the tblFamily and try to update it from data in a field in the
linked text file.

In the updateto area of the query I place [Address] which is the name of the
address field in the linked text file.

The query pops up a dialog asking for the value of [Address], as if there is
no such address in the linked text file.

I have only done this a million times before, but this time it doesn't work.
Any suggestions short of random acts of violence?

http://folding.stanford.edu/