[AccessD] FW: MP3 tag reading from Access - Lambert?

David McAfee dmcafee at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 31 13:34:48 CST 2005

Several years ago, someone on this list (I believe it was Lambert) gave me a
sample Access database or code which was able to read MP3 tags.

A couple of months ago one of my hard drives crashed that held all of my
family pictures and 40GB+ MP3 collection that took me over five years to
record and classify into folders. I was able to retrieve the pictures but
not the music.

CDs wouldn't be too bad to re-rip but the Vinyl takes a bit longer to
reencode :(
I did find some "back ups" that I had made to CDs at various points in time.

The trouble is that I have different versions & qualities of the same songs,
so I want to create a database that can scan a CD and scan a given directory
then only copy over those songs that do not already exist (or that have a
better bitrate). I have code that can do the comparison and copying (I used
it for a similar task with jpegs), but I need a method of reading the MP3's
tags (Artist, Title & bitrate).

Does anyone know how to read MP3 tags via VBA?

Thanks,
David