[AccessD] My new web site

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Oct 1 00:51:16 CDT 2005

>I did not know you were so adept at building flash or is that just one of
DNN's feature/options

I haven't a clue about building flash.  One of the options with DNN is to
apply a "skin".  The skin you see is one that is free from a very popular
site over in aussie land.  I may someday go buy one - there are a TON of
people selling skins for DNN.

>Where is the link to the DBA site?

The link to DBA is there.  Favorite Links, second link down.

>and where is the .Net versions of your downloads?

Some day.  ;-)  Notice I didn't say someday SOON.  <vbg>

>(Could I be so bold as to suggest a smaller font size and maybe even a text
font of a dark grey instead of black... fashion is such a fickle thing.)

The font sizes need tweaking.  The text editor that is used to place text on
pages allow selecting fonts and sizes.  I just did a quick and dirty, to get
something up.  I will no doubt go back in someday and tweak that further.

What I really need to figure out is how to set the background color for the
text.  ATM it is a rather bright white. I would prefer a cool very pale
gray, or even a very light royal blue.  It is just too bright right now.
There is a style sheet that is available, but of course I don't know
anything about that or how to tweak it.  Plus the skins can override the
stylesheet.

I also need to figure out how to put up links to my two books on the main
page.  The DNN default install has one for DNN but I could not for the life
of me figure out how to even edit the image in that module/page.  Sigh.

So much to know, so little time.

BTW, you didn't register.  If you register and sign in you get extra
content!  I also need to figure out how to tell visitors that fact.

http://folding.stanford.edu/