[AccessD] My new web site

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Oct 1 20:47:27 CDT 2005

Well, I just went top my desktop and resized my screen to 800x600 and sure
enough, a slider.  Resized again to 1024 x 768 and it is now "full width"
(no slider).  And of course anything wider than 768 pixels looks just fine.

And of course another issue here is that you may throw in modules down each
side which would reduce the width of the main data window accordingly.
There seems to be no magic answer here.

I can place something down the side (an advertisement for my books for
example), and that reduces the size of the main window, however if the
screen is "full width" then how wide the middle part is is still determined
by the resolution on YOUR computer.  I can likewise go with a "fixed width"
which reduces it to some portion of the screen (probably designed for
800x600? Though I haven't tested that).  NOW, if I put something down the
side it ends up with a little tiny slice down the middle for the "main
course" so to speak.

This is why I don't like getting into web design.

http://folding.stanford.edu/