[AccessD] OT: Need new laptop

Jim Moss jim.moss at jlmoss.net
Mon Oct 3 08:32:51 CDT 2005

Asus and MSI, and others build bare bones systems, which include
mainboard, usually a CD-RW/DVD, and a choice of display from 12 - 15.75".
You add memory, CPU and hard drive. I've had good luck with MSI products
and will probably lean that way.

I had no idea that anyone was building barebones notebooks til I saw a
magazine article a week or so ago. I will try to remember and reply with
that info when I get home. I want to replace my desktop system with a
notebook but want something as powerful as my desktop. You probably aren't
going to save any money but will end up with more bang for your buck. The
battery life will probably suck, but that is a non issue for me,
portability is the only thing that matters. Just google for barebones
notebooks and you will find a good assortment of choices.

Jim