[AccessD] Setting objects to nothing

Wed Oct 5 15:09:08 CDT 2005

What's the code for setting the Excel instance, and the code you are using
to close it?

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Hale, Jim
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:56 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Setting objects to nothing

I have a function that can use up to 14 recordsets but may use as few as
three depending upon which case is selected.So I typically go
   For x = 1 To y
        If Not (rs(x) Is Nothing) Then rs(x).Close: Set rs(x) = Nothing
   Next x
where y is the number of recordsets I actually opened. The problem is I have
an Excel instance that refuses to die and the only thing I can figure is
some dimensioned objects I never use still exist. Jim Hale