[AccessD] OT: Help for Visual Studio

stuart at lexacorp.com.pg stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 6 21:25:04 CDT 2005

On 6 Oct 2005 at 20:25, John Colby wrote:

> I purchased Visual Studio, only to discover that the HELP for it is only
> found on the MSDN disks.  Is that a rip or what?
>
> On EBay I am finding a set of 3 CDs called the MSDN Library for Visual
> Studio.Net 2003, for about $20.  Does this include the help files?  And why
> in the world is it sold without help to begin with?

I'm in the same situation with VB6.

I know of four sets of VB Pro/Enterprise, including my own one in Port Moresby.
Not one of the owners still has the MSDN disks that have the Help files - mine were
stolen a few years ago when I left a CD case sitting in my car in a shopping centre for
half an hour :-(.

I recently had to instal VB6 on a new development machine and it consequently has
no help.

(If anyone has a set of the old MSDN disks containing the help files for VB6 and
would be prepared to mail me a copy, I'd be more than happy to pay for them)