[AccessD] (no subject)

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:06:33 CDT 2005

I may be over simplifying this...but the wording of the following snip
caught my attention:  "The Hesive Trojan can be disguised as a Microsoft
Access file. Once opened in Access, infected .mdb files take advantage of a
five-month old buffer overflow flaw in Microsoft's Jet Database Engine
software to seize control of vulnerable machines. "...

Would this actually be a virus 'disguised'...or is it just a database
written to be a virus.  The article states that the virus takes advantages
of the bug...AFTER you open it with access...from what I know about
access...you don't need a bug...if you can get someone to open the db...it
will run all of your code, good or bad, regardless.

I'm not sure what my point was...but something didn't seem entirely clear
when I read that article...

Any feedback?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte