[AccessD] OT: My web site and WebHost4Life

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Oct 11 02:13:45 CDT 2005

<<<
 don't have the funds... for a dedicated host

To build ASP.NET -enabled Web Server MS Windows 2003 Web Edition looks like
being good enough - and its cost is within USD200-400 as far as I see
(http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Microsoft_20740721).

I mean even a small company should be able to afford owning ASP.NET enabled
Web site if they do not want to have their information hosted by someone
else....

Of course MS SQL Server 2000 or 2005 are costly "beasts". And anyway they I
guess will not run on MS Windows 2003 Web edition.

I did try to find but this is not clear directly from DNN docs or I did miss
this info on quick look through  - is DNN able to use any other backends
than MS SQL Server?

Shamil