[AccessD] Form not refreshing--sometimes

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Oct 13 13:50:15 CDT 2005

EUREKA...AND DAMN...AT THE SAME TIME!

It seems that I've got it working now, but I'll be damned if it wasn't
something flippin' stupid...and something that I was very close to
having done already. I had used the line:

sfMoDetail.SourceObject = sfrmMonthlyDetail

And today, when I tried this again...I was going back to scratch...the
first thing I tried was:

sfMoDetail.SourceObject = "sfrmMonthlyDetail"

Notice the quotes do ya? I typed these in this time, but apparently
forgot the first time. And, contrary to what I thought, I didn't get an
error missing them.

Oh, well, live and learn.

My day was taken up with a crashed server,  meeting and lunch w/a
vendor that I forgot I had, and now I've gotta fly because I've got a
football game (real "AMERICAN" football ;) ) that the bus leaves at
4:00, and my car broke down last night...so this is all I got done on
this program today. And, I wonder why I'm always behind :(

Take care, and thanks for the help!

John W Clark

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 10/12/2005 3:18 PM >>>
John,

I might not be understanding your situation...but here is a more
detailed
description of what I used:

I have MainForm (no record source)...on this form I have my text boxes
used
to enter criteria(also unbound)...on the MainForm I have a
subform(SubformResults) that is used to display my results.  The
SourceObject of SubformResults is null and the
SubformResults.Visible=false.(if not at this point the subform would
just be
a white box)...after criteria is entered and I am ready to view the
results...I push a button for the following things to happen via VBA:
**********
Forms!MainForm![SubformResults].Visible = True
Me![SubformResults].SourceObject = "sfrmResults"
**********
This refreshes the results of my subform...and if I change my
criteria...and
push the button again...the same code fires...
**********
Forms!frmChooserecord![SubformResults].Visible = True
Me![SubformResults].SourceObject = "sfrmResults"
**********
...and again the results are update.  I'm not doing anything else to
the
form or subform.

Hope this Helps...and by the way...this is in A97.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte

>From: "John Clark" <John.Clark at niagaracounty.com>
>To: <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] Form not refreshing--sometimes
>Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:01:22 -0400
>
>Yes,  I am sorry, I had meant to mention this. Doesn't that make the
>problem weirder? This IS the same thing as on the main form.

>Have you tried opening the subform by itself to make sure it is
>bringing up
>the right results when it isn't part of another form?
>
>Doris Manning
>mikedorism at verizon.net

keyboard...I