[AccessD] Data interface The best way

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Sat Oct 15 08:40:19 CDT 2005

Gustav,

Thanks for this link.  Though I am just starting to study it, the doodads
looks like a well thought out architecture for handling business objects.

http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/portal/dOOdads/ObjectModel/tabid/80/Defa
ult.aspx

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:47 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Data interface The best way

Hi Shamil

Thanks for these links, though I have to admit that my patience is not to
read all the comments carefully.

I still believe it can be a nightmare to maintain SPs - because you easily
end up with incompatible versions of frontend(s) and database - thus these
should be kept to basic features of the database and not for sophisticated
business rules. But as always, it depends ...

However, I noticed this link:

http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com

and its interesting dOOdads:

http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/portal/dOOdads/Overview/tabid/63/Default
.aspx

"an elegant .NET architecture available in C# and VB.NET and capable of
supporting any .NET managed data provider."
"Currently dOOdads are available for Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Firebird,
Access, PostgreSQL, VistaDB, SQLite, and MySQL."

And for the DNN (DotNetNuke) fans:

http://scottschecter.net/Projects/dOOdadsOnDNN/tabid/84/Default.aspx

/gustav