[AccessD] Re-Invent The Wheel??

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Mon Oct 17 09:27:17 CDT 2005

I just did this and my system uses a table that holds the field name, how
long the field should be when text, and if there should be leading zeros or
trailing blanks.

This way I can create a text file for any database I have just by typing in
the field names I need extracted and the data type and length required for
output.  In this case, I had some data that was numbers and the state
required that they have leading zeros - that's why I mention data type.

Then it uses code similar to Seth's or Stuart's to create the actual string.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017