[AccessD] (RESND): Automatically Sending Mail on Office XP ivesmessage

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 11:30:52 CDT 2005

Thanks Robin.

We had an IT Manager that had some very unorthadox ways of doing things. He was able to disable it on one of our computers. He no longer works here and is kind of disgruntled. I did email him and got a short reply...

It was settings that where inside the Public Folders that where read by Microsoft Office on what to do and not to do with security concerns

Do you or anyone else have a clue what he did? I looked in my public folders properties in outlook and did not see such a setting. Is it at the Exhange Server level?

Thanks again for a prompt response.
Robin <Robin at rolledgold.net> wrote:
Lonnie,
Have a look at this http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
Unforunately it's far from simple to implement in any real world
scenario - the temptation is just to disable all automation security -
even then some calls will still fire the security prompt unless you got
to digital signing (Outlook 2002/3 only)
Alternative is to recode using CDOSYS as mentioned in this article or
redemptiom which you know about.....
Rgds
Robin Lawrence