[AccessD] Data Export Spec - Rev1

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 21 05:11:35 CDT 2005

Hi John and Shamil

Interesting to follow this thread. It demonstrates what happens when you move from a fixed to-the-point solution (like my example) over a generic solution as John is suggesting to a universal solution as Shamil has in mind - and all the considerations that move causes.

I'm pretty much in line with Shamil on this. However, time has shown me that such thoughts most often are over the head and/or pockets of the client and you'll have to compromise. Clients are very pragmatic. But during this at least you have a nice intellectual time with yourself realizing that you are ahead of the client!

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 21-10-2005 11:09 >>>
<<<
It is intentionally (or intended to be) that simple.

OK. I see now.
And as far as I see the only source data transformation method is to apply
specified format.
This looks of rather limited applicability.
I think with a few additional efforts this program can be made to use
additionally runtime pluggable data formatters - then it would be more
useful.