[AccessD] BE differences

Liz Doering ldoering at symphonyinfo.com
Mon Oct 24 14:21:02 CDT 2005

Even easier--because it's free--is MDBDiff, which I learned about on
this list once upon a time.

It can be found here:  http://www.pb-sys.com/ under retired products.

Liz Doering
Symphony Information Services
liz at symphonyinfo.com
www.symphonyinfo.com

Marty Connelly wrote:

Easy way is Total Access Detective from FMS $199.

http://www.fmsinc.com

Here is a function that should do part of the trick (it assumes that
there are the
same records in each table matching on primary key ID. If not, just put
in
logic to move the recordsets until the keys match.)
If they are out of sync the coding gets busy real fast.

Function CompTables()

Dim DB As DAO.Database, i As Long
Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset, rs2 As DAO.Recordset

Set DB = CurrentDb()

Set rs1 = DB.OpenRecordset("Vc")
Set rs2 = DB.OpenRecordset("Vp")

Do Until rs1.EOF
For i = 0 To rs1.Fields.Count - 1
If rs1(i) <> rs2(i) Then
'do something here like write it to a log table
End If
Next i
rs1.MoveNext
rs2.MoveNext