[AccessD] Is anyone migrating data?

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Oct 28 04:18:35 CDT 2005

> In the end I will have a little program that pulls each record and applies
> the queries in the order they are in the table, such that the process is
> "push button" (with luck) and the client can do it themselves.
John,

I did do it like that - table driven data import and transformation - many
times - one example:

- importing data into MS Access 2.0/97 database from text files exported
from mainframe. The source data were rather "dirty". The whole process of
import worked sometimes more than an hour - there were around 300+ data
transformation queries, quite some tricky code, sometimes hundreds of
thousands source rows to import of AFAIKR 50+ or more source record types
etc.

It worked OK, without any problems on MS Access 97.
So I guess for you if you use MS Access XP or 2003 it should work even
better and quicker.

Do you expect any tough tasks to solve or ...?

Shamil