[AccessD] Update query broke

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 28 09:42:01 CDT 2005

Hi John

Without your SQL I guess you have some joins.
Replace these with .. IN ( .. ) or .. NOT IN ( .. ) constructs.

For very large tables that may too slow. If so, create a temp table with the selected output, then use this to update the other tables.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com 27-10-2005 20:59:48 >>>
That was it.  Now I am getting "updating data in a linked table not
supported by this ISAM".  The linked table is in the BE, and I have never
seen this on before.  Sigh.  I guess I pull the queries into the BE and do
it there.