[AccessD] Find File in Folder and in Subfolder

papparuff at comcast.net papparuff at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 09:20:12 CST 2005

This will work for you Dan,

Public Sub FindFileInSubFolders(strMainFolder As String, strFileToFind As String)
  Dim fso As New FileSystemObject
  Dim fsoFolder As folder
  Dim fsoSubFolder As folder
  Dim fsoFile As File

  Set fsoFolder = fso.GetFolder(strMainFolder)

  For Each fsoSubFolder In fsoFolder.SubFolders
'    Debug.Print fsoSubFolder.Name
    For Each fsoFile In fsoSubFolder.Files
'      Debug.Print fsoFile.Name
      If fsoFile.Name = strFileToFind Then
        MsgBox "Found File"
      End If
    Next fsoFile
  Next fsoSubFolder

  Set fsoFolder = Nothing
  Set fsoFile = Nothing
  Set fso = Nothing
End Sub

--
John V. Ruff – The Eternal Optimist :-)

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3