[AccessD] Row level locking option - A2K

Bruen, Bruce Bruce.Bruen at railcorp.nsw.gov.au
Tue Sep 13 18:17:03 CDT 2005

G'day folks,

Can anyone tell me whether selecting "Open databases using record level
locking" on the Options/Advanced tab applies row level locking to linked
tables or not?  It appears to me that it doesn't...  unless I have
another problem somewere :-(

If it doesn't, what is the impact of setting row level locking on the
two BE databases used?  Are the locks "passed through" sort of thing (I
realise the locks are technically applied in the BE's).

Finally, anyone got any ideas on the following - even where to start
looking:

I and one other guy are the only two users of this system.  I've got A2K
full and he is using the runtime.  The FE and both BE's are on a Novel
lan.  generally, all things work OK, except...  There is one form we
wnat to use. It's datasource is a join over 5 tables - 4 in one BE and
one in the other.  It has several dropdowns that use data lookup from
single tables in the BE's and has two subforms that display the same
records - one as a list and one as a detail.  This form would replace 3
active forms and could sit open all day .. iff it worked.  BUT! it works
fine for me but not for him.  Anytime he tries to open it all he gets is
a "A runtime error has occurred, this application will now close" etc
etc.  Any clues??

tia
bruce

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may be subject to copyright. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and its attachments from your system.  You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  Any opinion expressed in this e-mail and any attachments is not an opinion of RailCorp unless stated or apparent from its content. RailCorp is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or any attachments. RailCorp will not incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly as a result of the recipient accessing any of the attached files that may contain a virus.