[AccessD] ADO Create TableDef

Jeremy Toves itsame2000 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 14:09:02 CDT 2005

I've worked with DAO for so long, I'm finally taking the plunge into ADO.  I have a database that pulls up records I need from an Oracle database.  No issues there.  What I want to do now is make a dynamic output table to push all my results to.  I may be going about this the wrong way.  Does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeremy Toves

*************************************

Sub PullRecords()
    Dim rs As Recordset
    Dim cn As Connection
    Dim strCn As String, strSQL As String
    Dim intX As Integer, intFieldCnt As Integer

strCn = "ODBC; " _
    & "Provider=MSDASQL.1; " _
    & "Driver=Oracle ODBC Driver; " _
    & "DBQ=tns_name; " _
    & "UID=username; " _
    & "PWD=password;"

strSQL = "SELECT " _
            & "TableName.* " _
        & "FROM " _
            & "TableName " _
        & "WHERE " _
            & "TableName.Fieldname Like " & Chr(39) & "1234%" & Chr(39) & ";"

Set cn = New Connection
cn.ConnectionString = strCn
cn.Open
Debug.Print cn.ConnectionString
Set rs = cn.Execute(strSQL)

intFieldCnt = rs.Fields.Count

For intX = 0 To intFieldCnt - 1
            Debug.Print rs.Fields(intX).Name & ": " & rs(intX)

    ========>>  I want to create a table based on the columns I pull here.  I'd like it to be dynamic allowing me to reuse the same process to output the result of different source tables.  Ideas?  <<========

Next

rs.Close
cn.Close
End Sub