[AccessD] My new web site

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 30 23:57:00 CDT 2005

Anyone interested please visit.  I am using DotNetNuke to build my new web
site.  It is still a work in progress, as is my knowledge of DNN.  What you
see on my site has been done in just about a week.

For a side by side comparison:

My new site: www.colbyconsulting.com
My old site: www.jwcolby.com

I am finding DNN to be a pretty cool web site framework.  It REQUIRES SQL
Server and so you must purchase a hosting package that includes SQL Server,
but it gives the developer (knowledgeable in Visual Studio) the ability to
write custom modules to work with data from SQL Server using plug-in modules
that you write.  DNN is written using VB in VS 2003, and I own VS 2001 so I
am at a standstill ATM, however I am about to order the academic version (my
wife is a teacher) of VS 2003 which will allow me to start developing
snap-in modules for DNN that can dish up data.  Stand by for that.

Any comments welcome.  I am not a web site developer so do not expect a
world class web page, but I think that given my limitations it looks pretty
good.

Register and Log in to see additional features.

http://folding.stanford.edu/