[AccessD] Disable Control Box with Form Maximized?

GregSmith at starband.net GregSmith at starband.net
Thu Sep 1 10:07:35 CDT 2005

Hi everyone!

I know we've been around this topic before, but I thought I'd see if
anyone has any definitive answers about the maximized form.

Access 2003/XP.  Form has to be maximized...there just simply is not
enough room if I don't maximize it.  They wanted all this stuff on it, so
I did that, but the form must be maximized to keep it all on one screen.

I have an exit button for them to use which does everything I want, but
the dang control box (min, max, and "X") is still there and they can close
the form using the "X" if they want and it bypasses some of the code I
need to have run on closing.  And the code I need run when they exit
cannot be run if they use the "X" because it must set the form in a state
where I can't check on certain fields before I allow it to close.

Does anyone know of any way around this?  Is there some clandestine (or
non-clandestine...) way to disable that control box?  Or at least hide it?
 I do have full Access security set up in this database, so the users
can't get anywhere they're not supposed to go, but that doesn't stop them
from closing this form using the control box if they can see it.

MTIA!

Greg Smith