[AccessD] OT: Crystal Reports 9 and VB6 Problem with SQL Login

Randall R Anthony RRANTHON at sentara.com
Wed Sep 7 10:38:05 CDT 2005

"It sounds like you're opening a report that has an embedded login that
is
overridden in the application so it runs fine in production but when
you open
it up to work on it in a dev environment the embedded login takes over"
...  is exactly what I am suspecting.  Thanks for that link, I'm off to
investigate.

>>> chizotz at mchsi.com 09/07/05 11:21 AM >>>
Crystal is buggy as a beehive and has its own ideas about a bunch of
stuff,
meaning it tends to not play nice a lot of the time.

It sounds like you're opening a report that has an embedded login that
is
overridden in the application so it runs fine in production but when
you open
it up to work on it in a dev environment the embedded login takes over.
But
that's just a guess. I've had this and all sorts of other hassles with
Crystal.

Good luck using it, it's not the friendliest of help sites, but here is
the
Crystal KB.

http://support.businessobjects.com/search/default.asp?ref=default.asp_shortcuts