[AccessD] Importing Multple Excel Worksheets

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Sep 10 10:36:32 CDT 2005

One of the things you need to be careful of is the naming of the sheets
inside of the workbook.  Often times the sheet name is whatever the person
exporting the data INTO excel wants to call it that day.  Even if the export
to Excel is automated, the designer may do something cute like name the
sheet with date and/or time info.  When you set up the link, the sheet name
gets pulled into the link information.  If the sheet name changes, the link
fails.

This can be worked around if the sheets are always in the same order, then
you use automation to open the work book, then go through the sheets setting
sheet one, two, three etc. to some fixed name YOU decide (such as Sheet1, or
CustomerData etc).  Close the workbook and now all of your sheets match what
the link expects and everything is fine.

http://folding.stanford.edu/