[AccessD] Searching Access

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:53:55 CDT 2005

Rich,

Having some apps with similar needs...I typically create a search screen
that allows the user to "mix/match" their search criteria...the form has 7
or 8 fields the user might want to search...and can fill in partially or
fully 1 or all fields.  A query is then run using these fields as criteria.
The results are displayed in a subform...when the desired record is
found...the actual form used to display all pertinent fields( and subforms)
is launched using the PK of the record selected and only displays this
record.

I'm not sure if this is the best approach...just my favorite and most
reliable for this function I have found.  There are a few 'twists' to the
approach...depending on how many records you are searching.  If you are
interested...I can go into more detail...or put together a sample to send
OffList.

Hope it helps...

Mark A. Matte

P.S...(just a little ACCESSD humor)...I was scared to use the word "unbound"
to reference the search screen I described, because I know some of the
discussions it might spawn...but anyway...