[AccessD] Several records into one record

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue Sep 20 15:00:45 CDT 2005

You could do it via vba and a recordset,  Something like:

'warning - air code
'assuming that your logical key - name, ssn, etc is in LogKey
strKey=""
Do while not rs.eof
   'reset our count and test key
   if rs!LogKey<>strkey then
	i=1
      strkey=rs!LogKey
      else
        i=i+1
      end if
   'if have less than 3 of a given record, process it
   'if more than 3rd record, then it will be skipped
   if i<=3 then
	select case I
	   case 1:
           'write 1st part
	   case 2:
           'write 2nd part
	   case 3:
           'write 3rd part
         end select
      endif
   'get next record
   rs.movenext
   loop

Hope that I understood your issue correctly.

Bobby