[AccessD] Access - FoxPro - SQL2000

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 21 06:55:04 CDT 2005

On 21 Sep 2005 at 4:17, Jim Lawrence wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> Here is a list compiled by a company that monitors internet traffic on
> various programming languages. It may not be accurate in it's' assessment of
> use but does give an indication of current program interest.
>
> http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm
>
> At one time FoxBase/FoxPro was the database language of choice so there are
> still many legacy applications out there.

I'd be dubious about any list that monitors dBase, Clarion, Clipper, MUMPS,
PowerBuilder, Progress  and Visual FoxPro but not  Access.

They are all Database Application Development Systems rather than languages
and I'd suspect that there are more Access applications around than several
of the others combined.

--
Stuart