[AccessD] Unmatched query problem

Eoin C. Bairéad ebairead at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:39:29 CDT 2005

You might have to write a little noddy which would loop through a query
finding wells that were inactive on any date between two given dates. You
could output wither to another table in the database, or (simpler!) to a CSV
file that you then printed in a pretty Excel report.

On 21/09/05, Arthur Fuller <artful at rogers.com> wrote:

> I wonder if you've got enough data in the Wells_Active table. I'm thinking
> that a well has both a DateActivated and a DateTerminated column, but
> perhaps this is irrelevant to your needs. Assuming from your description
> that you care only about when the well was activated, flip the query
> around
> (of ease of comprehension).
> SELECT * FROM Wells_Active INNER JOIN Wells ON WellsActive.WellID =
> Wells.WellID
> WHERE Wells_Active.DateActivated < [Enter a date]
> If you have a DateTerminated column in addition (note the adroit avoidance
> of "as well"), then you want to compare against both dates.
>
> HTH,
> Arthur

Eoin C. Bairéad
Dublin, Ireland