[AccessD] Access - FoxPro - SQL2000

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 08:30:41 CDT 2005

Charlotte (and all),

  There are no plans to make VFP .Net compliant simply because there is no
easy way to do it.  Like Access, it is a mature product, but Microsoft
continues to issues new versions, the last few with significant advances and
new features in the product.

  I've been using it off and on for 4 years now and although Access is still
my tool of choice, there are things I can do with VFP that I simply can't do
with Access.  The OOP is growing on me, but I still feel OOP languages
overly complicate things and in the end, you still end up with the same
problems that you have in changing objects in a non-oop language.

  Over all it's not a bad product, but like any other, it does have it's
faults along with the good stuff.

Jim.