[AccessD] Stopping import of tables and queries from mde

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Thu Sep 22 12:49:35 CDT 2005

You can replace the queries with SQL code (copy/paste from the query viewed
as SQL, treating the quotes properly), modified to provide whatever inputs
the queries need direct from the code. I've done that a lot, and for a few
critical cases where I needed to chain complicated queries together, I
create them when they're needed from code, grab the results, and delete them
before displaying the results. (It doesn't take much time.) It's still
possible get around this, but unlikely.

If it's the data in the tables that's the issue, you could encrypt the
critical fields -- lots of ways of doing that, but most will require text
fields (you could code in the numerical type as part of the encryption, if
you needed to).

If the table structure is the issue, I doubt there's any way of hiding it
other than treating them like the queries above (creating from code what's
needed and then deleting it).

Fred