[AccessD] Translations from Menuitem macros (old school) to DoCmd.RunCommand

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sat Sep 24 15:12:15 CDT 2005

Is there a web site that precisely documents these translations? I have
wasted more than an hour in the Access no-help and MSDN and come up with
nothing exhaustive. A few googles turned up nothing as well.
In the ideal world, I would like a map of all the old code to the new code
(DoCmd.RunCommand).
In the immediate situation, I would like to translate these snippets:
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 2, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 'Paste Append
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast
This is the code generated by the "Duplicate Record" wizard in Access 2003.
(Well, not the last line, that is mine -- what would be the point of
duplicating a record unless you intended to visit it? MS apparently didn't
think of that. Go figure. In a high-traffic situation, this last line might
not work, I realize. My current problem is low-traffic so that is not an
issue. However, if someone has a better method that is scalable, that would
be appreciated, too. Since the PK in the table is autonumber, following the
Paste command one would need to grab the PK just created then do a Find
based on it, I'm thinking... this might circumvent new rows being added by
other users in a high-traffic situation... but that is just a guess at the
moment.)
Back to the main point: can anyone supply a source for replacing the first
three lines of code with their DoCmd.RunCommand equivalents?
TIA,
Arthur