[AccessD] Access 97 Migration to SQL

Jeremy Toves itsame2000 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 25 22:26:50 CDT 2005

I'm taking a look into that.  I noticed another Access database for a different customer with a SQL backend.  It works with the spaces in the field names.  I'm not sure if that is a driver issue or what.  I'll check out the search and replace.  I'll have to load the tables with underscores and run the search and replace to update field references in all of the database objects.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Fred Hooper <fahooper at trapo.com> wrote:
I'd say that the quickest solution would be to use a search/replace program
for the table names (they don't work in the code, so you'd need to do that
with Access' search/replace). The only one I have experience with is Speed
Ferret which also works with SQL Server, although it's probably the most
costly. This would change all the table references inside queries, reports,
etc.

Fred Hooper