[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 27 17:40:38 CDT 2005

The warning I received was more in step with support (like writing). I was
told to expect a substantial learning curve and if I insisted on upgrading
any existing books, to be prepared for a lot of work.

Susan H.

All I can pass on is what I hear and pick up from the web. Personally I
think they will make a hugh push towards SharePoint technologies with the
new release of Office and that seems to be the direction they are heading in
talks we have been having with them re projects in the University. On the
Access front I think MS focus is on .NET and XML as data the data stores but
thats my own opinion. RE JET I did hear sometime ago that it would no londer
be developed but as John says I am sure it wil remain about. I did also hear
the new engine woudl work with JET.

I do know that when the Access dev team reps where in the UK they didnt want
to meet developers but wanted to meet with users. Now that I do know and
have an email about somewhere that says that. Maybe that sort of sums up
what they think.