[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Sep 27 23:35:17 CDT 2005

Make that two, bartender!

I still use VB 6.0, ASP, and Access 97.  I don't think I'll ever use
anything other then an Access 97 .mdb for database use with a VB or ASP
front end.  I've played around with VB.NET, and honestly, I prefer VB 6.  I
like the inheritance, but that doesn't make up for the framework, C like
compile processes, etc.  I program almost everything with Classes anyhow, so
VB.NET was not that much change in how I program, just had to get used to
the different syntax.  Thought some things were a bit stupid, though.  There
were tooltips for some things that should have just autocorrected.

Drew