[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 28 18:35:54 CDT 2005

In the 'good-old-days' there were very few knowledgeable people in the world
of computers. If you knew anything about PCs and programming you were a God.
There were fortunes to be made if you were willing to work hard. (Bought a
house cash in two years)

It was before every smart person figured out the world of computer was the
way to go and they would like be a wealthy God... For every computer job
there is 10 really talented computer guys there to do it.

No longer do my good looks and delightful personality guarantee me the
contract, I have to be able to do it faster, cheaper, with more features and
use the latest technology. The main issue I have is that I still have to
work long nights with little sleep but I do not recover by ten in the
morning anymore.

Maybe I should go and manage some of these young brats that are now smarter
and faster than I am. To that end I have started a new company and the
product(s) should be ready by next year.... then I will retire to some
comfortable estate... and continue playing with computers, programming and
databases to the end of my days.... OK, I admit it I am addicted :-)

.Net is really neat and all you have to learn is XML, JavaScript, MS SQL, C#
and ASP.Net and maybe ADO.Net and life is good.

Now back to work. :-)
Jim