[AccessD] Report Navigation on Custom Toolbar

A.D.Tejpal adtp at touchtelindia.net
Fri Sep 30 07:44:49 CDT 2005

Rocky,

    It is a tiny pop-up form (similar to a tool bar) that sits in a corner of the screen. It gets opened via report's open event and closed via report's close event.

    You might like to adapt the commands suitably to appropriate buttons on your tool bar. In that case, the commands specific to the form (i.e. hiding / un-hiding etc) can be ignored.

    After ensuring that report window is the active one and the report is in FitToWindow mode, SendKeys arguments as summarized below, would do the needful.
    (a) Go to Next Page  -   "{DOWN}"
    (b) Go to Prev Page  -   "{UP}"
    (c) Go to Last Page   -   "^{DOWN}"
    (d) Go to First Page  -    "^{UP}"

    It is observed that SendKeys commands do not get ported smoothly to tool bar functions. If you find yourself stuck on this account, and wish to avoid form based solution, you could consider experimenting with fTurnPage feature available at Leban's site. For this, you would have to download the file named ControlReports.zip.

    Sample named ReportPreviewing.zip (by Heenan) at Roger's site, as mentioned by Ervin, represents the pop-up form approach.

    If at any stage, you happen to need a simplified sample based upon the code sent by me earlier, I can try to put it together.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal