[AccessD] Access XP forms bound to ADO recordsets

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Apr 1 05:29:01 CST 2006

Hi All,

I was inactive with the subject test during this week - the reasons were
that I have been waiting for MS Access 12 results and that I have quite some
work here to do for the customers.

Here are very good results - MS Access 12 - SUCCESS STORY:

ADODB Bound Forms Crash Test v.1.9.6 [23-MAR-06]

Test successfully finished.

Backend:       MS Access
Binding:       ADODB
Cycles to pass: 10000
Cycles passed: 10000
Total errors: 0
Forms opened:  50000
Start time:    30.03.2006 19:08:26
End time:      31.03.2006 19:18:39

Object statistics:
ClassName = CTestForm, Created = 6, Disposed = 6
ClassName = CFormDataset, Created = 358296, Disposed = 358296

It worked for 24 hours as you can see - can we from now on call MS Access 12
24x7x365 ready development platform?

I think, it would be useful to somehow pass this test to MS Access
development team for them to deliver the same quality MS Access 12 release
when it will be ready - I mean we can help them to not loose the current
quality of this coming software product while they are polishing it from
Beta to Release Candidate version. Any ideas how to do that?

I will definitely continue working on this test in the coming weeks (a lot
of plans there) but I need to "cool down" a little because I need to work
for customers to earn money for my family living...

I will publish (with your permission) on the test's Web site and all the
names who helped and who are helping to make this test a reality.

Thank you everybody for all your help!
Thank you in advance for all your future help!

Have nice weekend,
Shamil

P.S. If anybody has Access 12 and can run it over weekend with the last
published version of the test - you're very welcome to do that!