[AccessD] OT: Hamachi - again...

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue Apr 4 12:23:13 CDT 2006

Jim,

Sorry, I did not see your reply.

Don't worry about being too basic.  I'm a dev, not a network guy.  LOL.

1) Yes it is running.  I can actually connect to my machine via TightVNC
(someone suggested one of the other VNCs, but I have not had time to install
and configure it).

2) I do have a couple of shares that are open to everyone (home network via
NAT) that I should be able to see.

The error message I get is "The path '\\5.xxx.yyy.zzz' does not exist or is
not a valid directory."

When I connected to my work PC from home via Browse, I had to log in.  When
I try to browse from work to home, I get no login screen.  Both are XP Pro.

I am also able to use the chat feature of Hamachi between the two PCs.

Thanks,
Bobby