[AccessD] No display adapter

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Apr 10 08:35:00 CDT 2006

I had to "repair" my windows installation a few weeks ago.  In the middle,
it asked for a video driver which I did not have.  I clicked continue and
when it was finished it came up with a "non-native" adapter, i.e. I could
only get 1024x768.  Worse, there is now no "display adapter" in the device
manager.  Just not there at all, which means I can't go in through that to
install the correct drivers.  When I go in through the desktop, it shows all
kinds of conflicts for hardware and doesn't allow me to install new drivers.

How the heck do I repair this mess?