[AccessD] Conversion

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 11 20:02:23 CDT 2006

I wondered where this Access Translation  Tool went
as it used to be under the Moscow Access User Group site.
I came across it yesterday.
It is now being sold by Point Limited in Moscow
I think it was written by Alex Dybenko an Access MVP who works for them.

http://www.pointltd.com/

It has ability to work with different character sets in built-in edit
form - Western, Japanese, Cyrillic ,etc.
You can just select your working language on entry to the mdb limit of
10 languages..
They have added some bells and whistles with Office 2003
You can  either do your own translation of things like Message Boxes and
Titles
or you can use automatic calls to Word 2003 to do a web service
translation to get an immediate translation
of your Access Forms. Remember translations like this are still of the
"Lo lightning has struck my front postilion" variety. But you could show
something immediately to a client.
I haven't checked how it handles things like date and currency formatting.

He has some interesting Access blogs at
http://alexdyb.blogspot.com/
http://alex.dybenko.com/

--